Oulton Abbey, Stone - December 2022

- Posted in Exploring by - Comments
Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who added a new front in 1822. Between 1835 and 1838 it was occupied by the Duke of Sutherland while Trentham Hall was being altered. Between 1838 and 1853 it was Read more